Aptus Substrate Buffer Liquid 250 ml
The pH of my substrate has dropped, what can I do? No worries! Aptus has two new products to solve this problem. Substrate Buffer in powder form and Substrate Buffer in liquid form.
- Substrate Buffer Liquid is available in 250 ml or in 1 litre bottles or in 5 litre can
What are the differences?
The biggest difference is how and when to apply the product. Substrate Buffer Powder you mix through the substrate. Substrate Buffer Liquid you mix with water that can be poured over the substrate.
A key advantage of Substrate Buffer Liquid is its flexibility in use. It can be applied at any time during the cycle, even when the plants are still in their pots.
Liquid pH Buffer for substrates
Substrate Buffer Liquid is the ideal pH corrector for all substrates and avoids unstable pH conditions. It is perfect to be used in combination with Substrate Buffer Powder. With Substrate Buffer Liquid it is very easy to re-apply a pH buffer to your medium at any stage during the cycle because Substrate Buffer Liquid is liquid and water soluble it can be easily applied by diluting it in the nutrient tank.
Why use Substrate Buffer Liquid?
- Quick pH correction in only one flush
- Rapid correction and optimization of substrate buffer capacity
- Can be used at any point in the grow cycle
- No chlorides, ballast salts, or contaminants of any sort
- Very easy to apply, fully soluble
- Natural product
- Can be used on all mediums
- Guarantees a steady supply of calcium to the plant
How to use Substrate Buffer Liquid 250 ml?
- Mix in 20ml of Substrate Buffer Liquid per 10L of water (1:500) when your substrate has low pH.
- Don’t mix Substrate Buffer Liquid with other products.
- Don’t pH the water.
Substrate Buffer Liquid 250 ml contains
- Micronized calcium in liquid suspension
How Substrate Buffer Liquid works
The calcium in Substrate Buffer Liquid acts as a buffer for pH in the medium. It increases the pH of the medium, as well as stabilizes it. Substrate Buffer Liquid is liquid and water-soluble and can be easily diluted in water to be used as a flush of the medium.
Tips from successful growers
If you don’t want to measure your substrate pH add Substrate Buffer Liquid one month after planting.
Perform a soil test before applying Substrate Buffer Liquid to see where the pH of your medium is at.
Take new drain measurements between applications to make sure you keep your pH within the desired range.